Database Administrator (DBA)
Today, ComeOn has over 375 employees worldwide, with offices in London, Stockholm, and Malta. We offer Sportsbook, Casino and Poker around the world. We are a young, dynamic and innovative company and seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with 'suits' who can't make decisions, and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn is the place to be.
The database environment consists of several MySQL instances in a master/slave setup with dedicated report servers and data warehouse. We are continuously looking for new technologies and innovative solutions to use in order to offer a very competitive gaming experience for our customers.
This role is a key position to help ComeOn! Build the right solutions through an efficient and team-based manner. You will be a big part of keeping the database environments in a good shape and evolve the stability and performance of the same. Also, this role is an important support for the developers in verifying database related implementations and to help out with changes needed to data on production environment.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Provision MySQL instances
- Configure and ensure performance, security, and availability of our databases
- Handle database procedures such as backup/recovery, migration, upgrades etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Implement, test and deploy utilities for everyday DBA work
- Monitoring and troubleshooting database instances
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
We are looking for you who see yourself develop a career within DB, or already has an experienced background in Databases. You don’t mind to sit down and have a discussion about different solutions over a cup of coffee. You don’t mind to dig deep and get your hands dirty and you have a hunger to keep learning more.
We don’t mind if you’re not an expert, but you might as well be. The most important is to keep that fire for what you do and share that with your team.
Technical requirements for this role are:
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database administration including: installation, configuration, performance tuning and replication
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Proficient in written and spoken English
It’s a plus if you are having any experience in:
- MySQL HA solutions
- MySQL monitoring tools such as MEM, PMM, MonYog
- Scripting in Python or equivalent
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT
- A competitive salary + bonuses
- 30 paid vacation days a year
- Generous pension and insurance benefits
- Brand new workstation and smartphone with fully paid plan
- Generous health subsidy benefit
- Fresh Fruit daily
- Company events and AW’s, including breakfast mornings and Friday beers.
We are a flat organisation which means less managers managing managers. At ComeOn! we put a lot of trust in every individual, we know that if we get the tools and space to do what we do best, we will be both happy and deliver great things. This is why we have some of the greatest minds in the industry working here.
But working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while, this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cozy, come by and challenge us in FIFA, dart, table tennis, pool, poker or mini golf and if you're not into that stuff, a cold beer from the beer fridge might be your type of melody.