Reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance the role will support the legal requirements of the business. You will advise on a variety of corporate, commercial, regulatory and intellectual property related matters. The ability to draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts and the confidence to work autonomously are essential. You will need to have an understanding of all commercial implications. You will be part of the legal & compliance team and work in close collaboration with other key stakeholders within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts within a multi-jurisdictional scope
- Helping to ensure that the correct contract approval process is followed by the business before contracts are signed
- Developing and amending agreements to deal with the commercial relationships that are encountered on a regular and repeat basis
- Advising marketing, customer services and technology departments with regard to legal requirements that apply to the content in advertising, promotions, competitions, electronic marketing, data capture, data processing and customer research and analysis
- Research into multi-national regulatory regimes and risk management. The Group is constantly appraising new product and territorial expansion opportunities due to the fact the online gaming industry is still embryonic and evolving at a fast pace. Regular regulatory and compliance updates to the business will be required.
- Advising on IP location and licensing
- Advising in relation to other IP matters such as use of content on websites, brand protection, patenting inventions and domain name strategy
- Advising in relation to customer dispute and complaints.
- Advising on employment law matters
- Ensuring contract repository database is up to date and in line with the latest commercials
- Provide support as required by the Head of Legal & Compliance and senior management
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
- Extensive post qualified experience
- Be business focused and practical
- Commercial facing
- Feel comfortable working with a significant amount of autonomy
- Previous experience in: Commmercial contract, software IP and licensing, online gaming
- Have a genuine interest in media, technology, intellectual property and gaming
We are a young, dynamic and innovative company and seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with 'suits' who can't make decisions, and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn! is the place to be. The Come On Group has offices in Malta, London and Stockholm, and currently employs 240+ people. Our goal is to become the market leader within our sector.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while and this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cosy. Come by to our bright, friendly, marina view office and challenge us in a game of ping pong or Fifa and if you're not into that, a studio session at the local gym or a cold drink from the fridge on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
I’m Interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and send your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today by sending your CV and cover letter and applying here below.
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you ;)