Senior Data Warehouse Developer
As a Senior Data Warehouse Developer with ComeOn! you will be responsible for supporting and further developing our existing data warehouses within the organization. This would include design and development of ETL processes, supporting and development of BI and analytical solutions, integration with source systems as well as distributing data to other systems used by the company. You will be responsible to review and further develop current technology stack, ensuring the use of industry and business best practices whilst mentoring junior members of the team!
Having a great eye for detail, you will be creating and improving existing processes, ensuring that the data warehouse has the best architecture, data quality, and the environment is performant, scalable & manageable, even for complex ETL and analytic queries. Working closely with our Analytics team, you will collaborate on reporting layer enhancements and standardisation of reporting metrics. You will be working with Alteryx and Talend as ETL tools, Redshift and InfiniDB as data warehouse backend, Tableau and Pentaho as BI reporting solutions, and Python to pre-generate and distribute scorecards via emails. Primarily the work will be centred around the design, development and maintenance of ETL processes and BI reports in cloud environment (AWS).
We believe you are a person with a “can do” mind-set that is comfortable working in a fast paced agile environment. You love problem-solving, are flexible with good work ethic and a finger-top feeling about how to prioritize your day. You have a confident approach when dealing with upcoming and ad-hoc problems systematically and know how to communicate what needs to be done, how and why! You enjoy sharing your knowledge with junior staff, but also believe you can learn something from them as well. What's more, if you have previous experience working within iGaming, this will be considered a big plus!
What will my responsibilities be?
• Establish and develop the Data Warehouse ETL and Reporting framework using best in class practices, technology and methodologies.
• Propose solutions, develop and maintain processes and best practices to maintain Data Load to/from upstream/downstream systems
• Propose solution, build processes and develop best practices to deliver accurate and consistent data to support the business decision taking related to marketing activities, finance, compliance, brands, CRM.
• Support the logical and physical integration of all systems that are developed in-house or licensed and ensure proper data migration and modelling of internal data and 3rd parties data
• Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
• Design, develop and maintain of the ETL processes for the proposed data model and utilising them efficiently
• Improve the ETL process to achieve performance optimization.
• Design and implement/improve ETL Orchestration process to reduce the number of failed loads and provide better performance and fault tolerance
• Apply fixes in the existing solution for quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
• Design, develop and maintain of the reporting layer data sources and BI reports
• Writing SQL including medium to advanced SQL queries
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
• Support the system on daily basis and provide regular loads on time
• Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
You come with 5+ years of extensive Data Warehouse/Data Integration focused experience and hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline (such as statistics, computer science or mathematics). You have managed large Data Warehouse systems (minimum 1TB) and have acquired an advanced knowledge and understanding of such concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies). You have worked with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift (desired) and have hands-on experience using one of the mainstream data integration products such as Talen (preferred), Microsoft SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or Warehouse Builder, Informatica PowerCenter or similar. You are confident managing semantic layers of Business Intelligence/Analytical platforms such as Tableau (preferred), QlikView, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects (BO), Oracle Business Intelligence EE (OBIEE), IBM Cognos, Pentaho or similar. What's more, you bring extensive SQL query writing and optimisation experience to the table and have strong knowledge with mainstream DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle Database. Being highly analytical by nature, you are able to synthesize information from multiple sources and are confident with business analyses and requirements gathering. If you have previously worked with AWS / S3 / EC2 instances, this would be considered a definite asset!
We are a young, dynamic and innovative company and seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with 'suits' who can't make decisions, and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn! is the place to be.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while and this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cosy. Come by to our brand new bright and friendly office in the heart of St Julians and challenge us in a game of ping pong or FIFA and if you're not into that or a cold drink from the fridge on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
But of course we offer so much more than that! A competitive remuneration package with the opportunity to enhance this with a performance related bonus as well as private health insurance and annual well-being package.
We can't wait to hear from you!