Data Warehouse Developer
As a Data Warehouse Developer with ComeOn! you will be responsible for supporting and further developing our existing data warehouses within the organisation. This would include development of data integration jobs with 3rd party systems as well as supporting the development of BI and analytical solutions. You will be responsible to develop and maintain ETL processes to load, cleanse and validate data, review and analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements, working hand-in-hand with development teams to understand the data architecture in the source systems. You will be working with Talend, Alteryx as ETL tools, Redshift and InfiniDB as data warehouse backends, Pentaho and Tableau technologies as BI Solutions, and Python to pre-generate and distribute scorecards via emails. Primarily the work will be centred around the design, development and maintenance of ETL processes and BI reports.
We believe you are a person with a “can do” mind-set that is comfortable working in a fast- paced agile environment. You love problem-solving, are flexible with good work ethic and a finger-top feeling about how to prioritize your day. You have a pro-active approach when dealing with upcoming and ad-hoc problems systematically and have exceptional communication skills! What's more, if you have previous experience working within iGaming, this will be considered a big plus!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Build processes by following best practices to deliver accurate and consistent data to support the business decision taking related to marketing activities, finance, compliance, brands, CRM.
- Support the logical and physical integration of all systems that are developed in-house or licensed and ensure proper data migration and modelling of internal data and 3rd parties data
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
- Design, develop and maintain of the ETL processes for the proposed data model and utilising them efficiently
- Design, develop and maintain of the reporting layer data sources and BI reports
- Quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
- Writing SQL including medium to advanced SQL queries
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
- Design and implement/improve new Orchestration process to reduce the number of failed loads and provide better performance and fault tolerance
- Apply fixes in the existing solution to improve the Accuracy of the Data
- Support the system on a daily basis and provide regular loads on time
- Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
You come with 2-5 years of extensive Data Warehouse/Data Integration focused experience and hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline (such as statistics, computer science or mathematics). You have managed large Data Warehouse systems (minimum 1TB) and have acquired an advanced knowledge and understanding of such concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies). You have worked with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift (desired) and have hands-on experience using one of the mainstream data integration products such as Talen (preferred), Microsoft SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or Warehouse Builder, Informatica PowerCenter or similar. You are confident managing semantic layers of Business Intelligence/Analytical platforms such as Tableau (preferred), QlikView, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects (BO), Oracle Business Intelligence EE (OBIEE), IBM Cognos, Pentaho or similar. What's more, you bring extensive SQL query writing and optimisation experience to the table and have strong knowledge with mainstream DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle Database. Additionally, if you have experience with scripting languages and have worked with supporting data warehouse systems, this would be considered a definite asset!
We are a young, dynamic and innovative company and seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with 'suits' who can't make decisions, and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn! is the place to be.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while and this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cosy. Come by to our brand new bright and friendly office in the heart of St Julians and challenge us in a game of ping pong or FIFA and if you're not into that or a cold drink from the fridge on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
But of course we offer so much more than that! A competitive remuneration package with the opportunity to enhance this with a performance related bonus as well as private health insurance and annual well-being package.
We can't wait to hear from you!