Database Administrator (DBA)
The database environment consists of several MySQL instances in a master/slave setup. We are continuously looking for new technologies and innovative solutions to use in order to offer a very competitive gaming experience for our customers.
This role is a key position at ComeOn!, helping to build the right solutions through an efficient and team-based manner. You will be a big part of keeping the database environments in good shape and evolve the stability and performance of these environments. Also, this role is important for supporting the developers in verifying database related implementations and to help out with changes needed to data on the production environment.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Provisioning of MySQL instances
- Configuring and ensuring performance, security, and availability of our databases
- Handling database procedures such as backup/recovery, migration, upgrades etc.
- Profiling server resource usage, optimizing and tweaking as necessary
- Implementing, testing and deploying utilities for everyday DBA work
- Monitoring and troubleshooting database instances
- Collaborating with other teams and stakeholders
We are looking for you who wants to develop a career within DB, or already have an experienced background in Databases. You don’t mind sitting down and having a discussion about different solutions over a cup of coffee. You don’t mind digging deep and getting your hands dirty and you have a hunger to keep learning more.
We don’t mind if you’re not an expert, the most important thing is to keep that fire for what you do and share that with your team.
Technical requirements for this role are:
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database administration including: installation, configuration, performance tuning and replication
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Experience working with large data volumes in an OLTP environment
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
It’s a plus if you have experience in:
- MySQL HA solutions
- MySQL monitoring tools such as MEM, PMM, MonYog
- Columnar databases such as InifiniDB, Amazon Redshift or similar
- Scripting in Python or equivalent
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT
- A competitive salary + bonuses
- 30 paid vacation days a year
- Generous pension and insurance benefits
- Brand new laptop and smartphone with fully paid plan
- Generous health subsidy benefit
- Fresh Fruit
- Company events and AW’s, including breakfast mornings and Friday beers